Friday, December 11, 2009

Costa Rica Finally!!


So the flight here was not bad. We flew over Cuba and I tried to get a shot of some town. I had some coffee on the flight and felt a little bit better. While flying I watch Black Hawk Down which was a horrid idea. It made me cry before and I don't know why I think it would change now. After that I played Hot Brain. I figured if I was going to play a video game I would get one that would make me think not just react. When they handed out the paper work, I put it up and got to work.

When we finally landed the plan was about 45 minutes late. So the plane was parked away from the terminal. We had to disembark via a flight of steep stairs. As soon as I got off the stairs I took a deep breath of the air. (Which in different place has different smell but they just tell me I'm in Costa Rica and it's time to take it easy. I can't really describe was the airport air smells like but it not bad at all. For the most part the air seems very fresh here.) Then were packed in to buses and hauled to the terminal. After that it was off to immigrations which was very smooth and then baggage claim. Which was fun because I had to carry a 43 lb bag to customs ... not always an easy feat. Flew through customs and started the walk outside. Luckily I saw Papi through the glass but when I turned the corner :gasp: who do I see but Gabby!!

(For those of you who don't know Gabby was like my first, and maybe only, really friend here. I mean her whole family is friends with my family but we seemed to have a friendship as well.) I was very surprised to see her. I don't know when I saw her last. Maybe it was 3 years ago.... I'm not really sure. So I gave her a big hug and asked how she was and then did that same to my Papi. Flaca, who is also a family friend, was there too. We headed to the parking garage and were about to load up when Papi remember he needed a picture of everyone.

Me and Gabby were in the first picture and I was kind of joking with her and did a little tickle thing but she gave me a "back off look" so that is what I did. It seemed strange but I had no idea what was going on so I kind of brushed it off. Flaca and I took the next picture then we got in the car. As soon as we sat down Gabby pulled out a small notebook from her purse and start to write something out. To me that was not so odd beacause I remember when we were younger she kept a diary and I just figured she was writting down how annoying I was being. But a few minutes later she hands it to me. I read what she wrote then gave her my email.

We chatted in the car about all kinds of things. Gabby was telling me she was mad at my dad for some he had done, which I am not surprised about. We talked about what was going on tomorrow night and Fernando (one of my step-brothers) was living at the house. Also about how Papi was healing and what the doc said. We dropped Gabby off at her house which she shares with her boyfriend. ( GASP) Next was Flace and then home where Mama was waiting up. I gave her a big hug and kiss, told her I missed her and when she asked how I was I told her very hungry and in need of more coffee. The off she went to heat up some rice and beans and coffee while I unpacked some things.

After eating and talk about cell phone and my Papi's lack of red hair and how he was being a baby, he showed me how to turn on the internet. I finished moving my stuff around and started getting ready to write my blog then off to bed.

And now that I am done and feel like I am going to fall asleep on the keyboard I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow: Farmers market, learning to knit and the driving in Costa Rica. It's going to be a full day!

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Glad you hooked up with Gabby. Tell everyone I said Hi.

Elena said...

Will do!