Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Knitting And Roommates


So today Mama started teaching me how to knit. Yes, yes how very domestic of me. (Blah blah blah! I can cook too!) I've been wanting to learn because I've seen that I really like doing two things at once and usually that other thing is being on the computer and doing something else. Which is not always nice or proper. So this seemed like a good way to stop being on the computer as much AND make gifts for people. It really just gives my hands something to constructive to do. Anyways back to learning to knit... one would think that the language barrier would be a problem but it didn't seem to be for this. I'm more of a "show me" then a "tell me" person. I can't think off the top of my head what "they" call that but I know that is what works best for me. So Mama would show me a few times how to do a stitch and then I would take over. She would watch for a few to see if I was doing it right then leave me to it. I think I'm doing okay. I was really having problems with the reverse stitch ... not that any of you really care the much. But it's fun to learn and share about it. "Sharing is caring!" :}

Also I found out tonight (while I was knitting) I have a cute roommate. He has not started making any noises yet which is very nice. But as long as he eats the bug that bite me or would make me sick he is more then welcome to share this room. And make as much noise as he can.



3 comments:

Wayne said...

Them's good eatin'.

Wayne said...

I love the yarn! And so far your knitting looks good, you might be adding some stitches...
Love, Cristina

Elena said...

And how do you cook them, Wayne?

I know I've been adding stitch. I know it's awesome yarn too bad I only have a little bit of it. Thanks Cris! :}