Monday, December 14, 2009

DND :}

Today was another Do Nothing Day which is fine for me. I'm happy sitting around hanging out/ teasing Papi and waiting until they figure out what to do with me. I've heard at some point I'm going out with Mama and her friends shopping I think. Another night I'm going to a work type party with Papi. Also at some point next week we might be heading to the playa if we can work things out.

The only real important thing I did today was check my eSantaFe to see what I got in my math class because if I passed that class I would Graduate (finally) with my A.A. And I DID! I got a B+ which makes me very happy only because my teacher grading scale was WAY off so I never really knew where I stood.

I should be starting Twilight soon. I have been putting it off because I really don't think I will like. ( And then I have no idea if I will have anything else to read. I guess I could check around and ask Papi but who knows with him.) I just really do not like what I have heard about the main girl Bella. I think she just need to grow a pair but my sister says that if I read the first book I will understand why she is the way she. I hate to say this but it better be something good because if it's just teen emotion I don't know if I will be able to finish it. I just couldn't stand the hype before and if I read and hate it I will just have to give crazy looks to anyone who say "OH I wish Edward was my boyfriend!!" or " I wish my boyfreind was more like Edward."

We shall see.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

I got about 75 pages in and took a break for a while. It's okay, but I got a little tired of the constant "His face was such a distraction that I tried not to look at it any more than courtesy absolutely demanded" stuff. Seriously, Twilight is 500 pages long, and if you took out all of Bella's descriptions of Edward's face, or how she couldn't stop looking at his dazzling smile, it would probably be about 300 pages long. But in a way, it is better than the movie, because you actually get conversations instead of just the emo romance stuff of the movie. Edward seemed more like a real person in the part of the book that I read.

Elena said...

I'm worried after a few too many of those Bella thinking about Edward paragraphs I'm going to stop read. But I'm going to give it a try and see how much I can take.

Wayne said...

Cristina says it lets up after the first book. Hang in there.