Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Night at the Theater

Most of the day was uneventful. I ate. I read (I've gotten to page 348 and I'm still disliking Bella. She's just annoying. The way she interacts with other people, I get the feeling deep down inside she feels like she is better then them. And she over-analyzes almost everything. Also I don't understand her obsession with Edward if she has never even liked anyone before. Edward is nice but there is just something missing with his character for me. But I have not stop reading yet so Cristina should be proud.) I knitted. I checked on the world. Sent a email to one BFFs. :P

This evening Mama and I and 2 of her friends when to the Teator Popular. I had been told early today that we where going to the thearter but I was not told to which one or what we were going to see OR when. Papi had to head to work for a meeting and when he got back we ate a wonderful combination of ground beef and potatoes along with rice and beads (of course). After that I went back to my room for a bit before I washed the dishes. After I was done washing I sat down and there was a knock at the door. It was Papi he asked me in a very smartalic way "So are you going to get dressed up or is that the best you have?" I told him no one ever told me when we were going so how was I to know that I should be changing cloth right now. His responce was "oh........ Well we are getting ready to leave in like.... 5 minutes." Thanks, Papi. So I get dressed and ready to go. We pick up Mama's friends, who's name's I have forgotten, then headed off.

While we drove through San Jose I realized I really didn't like S.J. proper. It was smelly, there was trash every where, the sidewalks are crowded, homeless all over the place and tons of traffic. It made me remember how much I liked Grecia. Yes, it was 20 miles away from the capital so we would have to drive if we needed gifts or anything really special. But it was quieter, quainter and I liked the weather there more. There were many times in the rainy season, I can remeber the clouds coming down and engulfing the apartment building Papi was living in at the time. I would go and sit outside and be in the clouds. It was lovely there. But in Pavas we are closer to Mama's family and S.J. so I guess it's okay.... for now


I found out later the the concert was to start at 8 but (because my watch battier died) I had no idea what time we got there or how long we waited until the show started.But it was not more then 15 minutes I should guess. We saw Orquesta Filarmonica and Malpais in concert. It was AWESOME! It was great music and everyone around was clapping and singing. They ended up having 4 encore songs which was also very nice. It seemed a lot more interactive then the few shows I have seen in the states.The concert should have ended at 10 but I think we got out of there 45 minutes after that. All in all, I had a great time.

No comments: