Saturday, December 12, 2009

My first real DAY in C.R,

I woke up this morning to my cell phone alarm going off at 1000 which is 900 here. Not that early really. I got up made my bed (wow!) and walked out to get some coffee and breakfast. Mama and Papi were both up so I sat down to oatmeal and coffee. While I was eating on of Mama's friend came over so Papi and I chatted about this and that then I head into my room to send an email. While I was doing that Mama head out to get stuff from the farmer market that is right outside the house. (pictures coming later) When she got back we had a light lunch because Papi, Flaca and I are going to Fabian's house for a "party" type thing. And then I am sappoedto drive back from their house which should be tons of fun.

Now is a good time to tell you who everyone is, I took this from my bro-in-laws blog, so THANKS WAYNE!

"I know I’m throwing a lot of names around, and it’s a big family, so let’s pause for a minute and break it down. When Cristina’s parents divorced, Maritza became Ramon’s new wife. She has four children from a previous marriage:

Oldest: Fernando…married to Miranda, the Gringa (a person from the US)...children: Sophia
Middle: Irene…married to Edward (a Gringo)
Youngest (twins): Richardo…married to Carolina…children: Ricardito , Santiago, Maria Belen, and Maria Eva
Carmen…married to Fabian…children: Mariana and Andres"

Thanks again Wayne!

So we head over to Carmen and Fabian's house and along the way we picked up Flaca. As soon as we got there I found out that it was not a party it was a talent show! I said hello to everyone, got something to drink and got ready to take pictures. They were all chatting when suddenly they asked me what I was going to do. What?!?! I tried to get out of it but Papi said that I was going to say a poem or something. It started off with Mariana singing Shakira in English! I was very surprised. Then Fabin's mother when up and sang a song. Carmen and Mariana danced to Mozart. After that Fabian did a skit with Andres about a restaurant where you have to make everything you order. Papi was next and he said some poems and acted gay. Then it was time to break for refreshments. While we were outside Flaca and Fabian's sister (I guess) danced a typical Costa Rican dance for us. When we went back in inside it was Carolina with Santi and Maria Belen dancing to Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer then Papi and Mama danced. Fabian's father cut the skin off a stick of sugar cane and sang while doing so. The second to last act was Flaca, Carlina and Mariana dancing to more Shakira. And I was the last act. By that point I had come up with the idea that I was going to read Papi's palm. I had Papi translate and I thought it was cute and I even got a few laughs from everyone. After the talent show everyone kind of spread out and I was all of a sudden really tired so I sat down and had a nap.

OPPPS! I woke up a few HOURS later and Ricardo, Carolina and their kids had left and everyone else was watching a parade on the TV. Very soon after I woke up we headed home. When we got there Papi headed out to get me some food because I slept though dinner earlier. While he was doing that I got on FB chatted with my sister and then went and ate with Papi. Afterward, I helped him set up something and then headed off to bed to surf the web and then read a little.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Feel free to steal from my blog at will. I'm honored.

Elena said...

I didn't think you would be upset with me about it but I'm glad I can use your blog for info. Don't you have one on the suicide showers?

Wayne said...

yes. check the 2006 blog.