Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


I got up around ten and had breakfast. Papi took his car to the shop around 10:30 to do a fine tuning. So while he was gone I took a shower and made a list of the stuff I would need from the store. (Lots of coffee!)

After he got back we headed to wash his car..... I have no idea why. It's old, has lots of dents and paint scraps. It works well when it does work. Whatever not my car. We took it to the other side of San Jose, about a 20 minute drive, to wash the car. It took about 30 minutes (there was a long line) so while we waited we both read our books. Papi is reading Collapse and you should know what I am reading. They didn't vac out the back of the car so Papi got a free wash for next time.


We were off to pick up Miranda and Sofia from there house. Fernando (my step-brother) was going to be working all night and most of Christmas and he didn't want her to be alone. She is very cool and I thinks Sofia is a cute baby. Papi dropped her off and get a list of things we needed to get from the store.

So off we went to the store. We got tons of stuff for Maritza, she was getting ready for Christmas dinner. I got lots of coffee, some guaro and a few other thing people asked for. We headed back with all the stuff and gave it to Martiza so she could cook for the party we where going to later that night. I wasted sometime around the house and then we had to go to another store to pick up something else for Maritza. I picked up some chocolate coved coffee beans while I was there, I love those things. Back at the house Maritza finish cooking so everyone started to get ready to leave at 8:30 (we should have been gone by then.) We left about 9, a record and headed out of town.

We went to Carmen's in-laws house. It was very nice, cold and wet (we were in the clouds) but a lovely house. We snacked for awhile, I hung out with Miranda and Sofia and then around 11:45 the craziness happened. Favian, (I think that is how you spell his name) Carmen husband, and my Papi started to light off fireworks! It was really cool to see but hard to take pictures of them. We ate dinner at mid-night. It was turkey, potatoes, salad and stuffing, all quite good. We end up leaving around 1 or 1:30, with everyone dead tired.

No comments: