Friday, December 28, 2007

Frogs




I woke up at 7:15 this morning and Maritza was already up, making coffee so I went to lay down in one of the hammocks on the back porch. I had some coffee and waited for Papi to get up. I read a little but really just swung in the hammock and listened to the monkeys and the birds. Papi woke up around 9:30 and he and I headed toward the beach. It a little walk through the woods. The beach was nice, I walked down for a few minutes then we head back to the bungalow. Maritza had made Gallo Pinto and we had some tune with it. Richardo and his family will not be coming because they are sick.


One of my step nephews was sick Christmas day and so it seems Irena got what ever he had. She was in bed most of the morning with a temp. She had breakfast with us then slept a little more. We has lunch and left for the beach around 1:30. To see the leatherback turtle you have to buy a ticket. Papi check to see if they had any open spots for today but they didn’t. You have to come at 7 in the morning and put our name on a list to buy the ticket. After checking on that we parked and walk down to the beach. Irena and I sat down by the water while Papi and Martiza walk down the beach. After a while I decided to go in. The water was Great! It was not to cold and it was somewhat clear. The waves were very nice and not to big to body surf on. I was in the water for a least an hour.

We went back to change and decided to drive to another beach just to take a look. We ended up going to Playa Flamingo and stopping at a Super market on the way back to pick up some stuff for dinner. We had pasta and fresh bread for dinner. Papi saw a little frog so I took some pictures of them. By the time dinner came around I was feeling pretty crap. I am sure I got whatever Irena has.I took some drugs and laid in the hammock for a while. Papi turned on the TV and we watched The Pacifier with Vin Diesel then I went to bed.

No comments: