Monday, December 17, 2007

Military parade @ 0900!


So I was woken up this morning to drums. I was laying in bed think "WTF! Is there a damn drum line going on in the front yard!?" So after about 5 minutes of waiting to see if it would go away soon, I got up. Maritza and Papi were outside already, taking pictures. It was a parade.



The police were opening a new station right around the corner. Motorcycle police........great. Now we get to hear them at all hour of the day. The street is bad already because it's up hill and has a lot of traffic. Oh well, it's not like anything can be done about it.





It was about 10 minutes long with 2 little bands and some lady cops. Papi said it was the closest thing to a military that this country has. For those of you who don't know ..... Costa Rica has no military of any kind. Only cops........and security guard. All very well armed.

Anyways after all that we went inside. I took a shower and read my book. Just waiting to see what was going to happen with the day. Around noon papi made me breakfast for lunch with bacon! It tastes a little different here, more like ham than bacon, I don't know how to explain it.

After that it was waiting. Papi's car is messing up again so someone was going to come to look at. They finaly came at 2 and did somethings to it but it's still not working. Now we maybe taking a rented car to the beach. The next few hours we really didn't do much. Papi and I went to the store around 6:30 and got a few things and then headed home for supper. After that it Papi went to my room to watch T.V. and I got online and did some more research on the beach we are going to on the 26th or 27th. Then off to bed. No clue what going on tomorrow, life if full of surprises. : }




No comments: