Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dancing and Credit Cards



Most of the day was reading and just hanging out with Papi. He took the next two day off to fix his car. We would go get my card from the bank and then meet the family at bar for drinks and hanging out,

I showed him the books I am reading and he wants me to leave them behind for him. I knew that was going to happen, it way I bought one.
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, was introduce to me by one of my old professor at SFCC. I sat in on his class and decided I would get the book and maybe sit in on it next semester. If I get back in.

Around 4 Papi and went to the bank to pick up my card. We got the card and the pin they gave me then went outside to the ATM to change it. It didn't work, we changed the pin but I could not withdraw any cash. We went back inside and told them what happened. They gave us another pin and we tried again. It still didn't work. They go some help and go another pin and came outside with us and it finally worked. Thank God. If it hadn't we would've had to get a new card and then hope it go there before I live on the 31st. That one card down and one to go. Papi says we are just going to open a bank account for me here. That way all three of us children will have one. It makes things easier when he asked us to buy him stuff in the States.

We stopped buy a grocery store and picked up a few things like The Tico Times and hair stuff. When we got home Martiza had gone to a baby shower and would be back before we left for the bar. Papi and I went to my room and watched Crimson Tide. It was almost over when we turned it on. I've never seen it before but I really liked it... well from what I saw. It also reminded me why I would not join the Navy. The idea of being trapped under water freaks me out!

Kati (like a sister to the family) came and got us in a taxi around 9: 30. We met meet Carmen and her
husband there. A few minutes later Carolina, Richardo and Martiza came into the bar. I realized then that I was way under dressed. I asked Kati if she would go back to the house with me so I could change. Everyone said that I looked fine but I told them that I would like to dress up a little more. So Carolina, Kati and head back to the house. I put on one of the dresses I brought then we headed back to the bar. Everyone one liked the dress and said it did look better. Then the drinking started. We had a bottle of Johnny Walker and two plates of food. We chatted (yelled at each other because of the loud music) for a little bit and then the girls started dancing. I told Carolina that I couldn't really dance and she said that we would all go out Saturday night and she would teach me. I wish her luck.
At some point I became Carolina's hero. There were some guys down stairs that were staring at us dancing. When they finally got the balls to ask me if I wanted a drink I made them ask my Papi. Before they would walk over there they asked if he was ever in the Army and I told them yes. I don't think they liked that but they asked him anyways. When I walked up with them Carolina pulled me down and said "You are now my hero!" I had a beer with the guys and talked with them a little then hurried back to the family. (They were not smart and had nothing to say that I wished to hear. I really didn't feel like hanging out with them. I just wanted Carolina to laugh and she was ...... the whole time I was talking to them {5 mintues} and more when I got back.) Back with the family we danced a little more then headed home around 2:30. It was a very fun night and I loved spending time with my family outside of the house. I can't wait to see if I can learn to salsa on Saturday.




No comments: