Thursday, December 27, 2007

Going to the beach



I woke up at 0700 to make sure I was not the last one up. But surprise I was the second one up. So I checked my e-mail and saw Maritza was doing a load of laundry. Then I knew that we would not be leaving in a hour like we wanted to do. I went back to bed to sleep for a hour maybe more. My Papi came in around 9:45 to tell me that I should get up and start getting ready. I told I was up before him and I packed last night. He closed the door.

Then the phone rang, it was Miranda. We talk about how Sofia let her sleep for 12 hours. This is great because Miranda had been having problem sleeping since Sofia’s birth. I told her I was leaving her a book and a few warm shirts (she doesn’t have many warm cloths). She told me about the beach that we were going to because she lived by it for quite a few months. I told I would e-mail her when I got back to the states. I hope I get to see her again before I leave to go back.

We ended up leaving the house around 11:30 but had to run to the store to pick up a few things. Then gas, so I think we really town around noon. That means getting to the beach at 5 which is when the sun goes down. In Costa Rica, dusk does not last very long. Not like back in Gainesville, where there can be a good 45 minutes (I guess) of dusk. So we would be getting there and then really eating dinner and going to bed. No beach, today. L

The drive was nice. I fell asleep for about 30 minutes in the very beginning and then was wide wake the rest of the way. The trip was made up of some little mountains then we went down into the “plains”, which have random large hills. We stop for 45 minutes for lunch. I had a huge chef salad that was very good. It had corn, heart of palm, cheese, black olives and shredded carrots. I could only eat half of it. We played some of the CDs that I brought so I was sing, softly, in the car most of the time.

We ended up getting here right as the sunset. Because of where we are people can’t go on the beach, at night, this time of year. The sea turtles are laying there eggs. Well, people can go on the beach but you have to pay to see the turtles. So we went to our little bungalow and Maritza made started to make dinner. I changed into my bathing suit and sarong. Because that’s what I wear when I’m at the beach in Costa Rica. Then Papi and I went to get a few more things we forgot like egg and salt.

After we came back I laid outside in one of the hammocks. It was nice outside but a little chilly so I put on a shirt. I fell asleep AGAIN! Papi took a picture of me while I was sleeping. My family does that a lot to me. Dinner was rice, black bean and tuna. Light and yummy. I sat out in the hammock again but it was not as nice that time because our neighbors ( young kids) were making tons of noise. So I took a shower and wrote today’s blog. Now I’m off to bed now it’s going to be a long beach day tomorrow. Then Richardo, Carolina and there four children should be coming in late.

No comments: