Sunday, December 23, 2007

Futbol ( Soccer) National Championship



I told Papi a week ago that I wanted to go to a futbol game next time I came to Costa Rica. He said I would not have to wait. I could go to the national championship game on the 23rd.

I got up around ten this morning took a shower and ate breakfast. Martiza and Irena went to mass earlier so it was just me and Papi. He told me that Richardo would be at the house around 1:00 to pick Irena and me up for the game. I put on the Saprissa t-shirt Papi got me the same day as the tickets. I checked to see if I had gotten any important e-mails back and then had a snack right before Richardo got there at 1:40.



Carolina drove to another suburb of San Jose and got to the stadium around 2:20 and went in to find our seats. We found them and then watch what was going on in field. The Saprissa mascot was dancing around and I felt very sorry for the guy in there because I am sure he is not paid much. There was a music playing on the speakers and people were making noise every time someone would go out on the field. No matter if they were Saprissa or from the Herediano the crowd would go wild. The game kick of with purple and white some coming from the left side of the field. It was a great game lots of yelling at the player when they got close. At half-time there were dancing girls that didn't dance very well.

I would compare the futbol game to a at home Gator game but I have never been to one, sorry. It's just very intense. People climb the fence when a goal is scored and yelling all the time. It's great. The end score was 4-2 SAPRISSA! Now Saprissa is the champion for the third year in a row. So now the whole town is honking there horn and yelling in the street. I am off to bed... tomorrow is going to be shopping for (most of) the rest of the stuff I taking home. Also running to another bank to open an account.

No comments: