Saturday, December 15, 2007

Water Falls



I got up at 5:30 this morning and got dressed to hit the road with
Maritza.

We meet up with some of her friends and got on to a mini-bus or really big van. We started heading up the mountains. It was a really long drive just because I had not had any coffee yet. We finally stopped a cafeteria style place to eat and stretch. Maritza and I both got Arroz y Pollo and black coffee. Both were better than I thought they be. Headed the rest of the way to a river (that is where Papi said we were headed).

We ended up at Savegre Hotel. From there we walked to Catarata Waterfall.
It was a 1 km hike through the forest, mud and water. But it was worth it.
After play n really wet rock we hiked back to the hotel and had a lunch. I had seafood rice, potatoes in some yummy sauce, bread and this tomato that was been cut in half and had cheese and herbs in it. All very good, I was surprised because it was also
cafeteria style but it was "high class." I had 4 cups of coffee because it was good as well. After lunch we headed back to the vehicle and headed back home.

Martiza wanted to go to some light show thing that is really just a parade in San Jose. So we got off and then it started to rain. Blah! We waited around to see what was going to happen. I realized again how much I really dislike being in a huge crowds. After, what felt like, 30 minutes we got a taxi and headed home. Papi was walking up as we were getting out. Went inside, straight to the shower, uploaded some pictures and now going to bed! Maybe have a snack first. Nope, will resist the urge.

No comments: